Sunday, September 5, 2010

Single Life

Well, as I walk with God I am walking alone as a single Christian. I must say at times it may get a little lonely, but only for a moment. I am so greatful that I have other singles I can talk to that are also followers of Christ. We try and get together every so often and fellowship. We may go to a persons home and fellowship or just get together somewhere. I use to think that being single meant that it's a dull thing for a person to be, although I have never had a mate myself. I use to worry about growing old and still being single, but God opened my eyes. He showed me that it's not about me, it's about him and all I am here for, is to do his will . Then he will place me with the one he has made for me, but only if it's will for me to have that one. He's teaching me the right way to be single, so that I can help someone eles. I may not always be single, but as of now I am gonna enjoy the moment. I think that when your single, you can really give God more of you and that is what I want to do while being single. Posted below are some pictures of my singles group. We went to Alabama to felllowship with one of our singles who lives there. We had a lot of fun and she took us to the Columbus Historic Riverfront Industrial District. I didn't get a lot of pics as I would have liked, but below are some pictures. It was a very nice day, it felt like fall weather in the air. The weather was so nice. There were not many people out on the riverfront and that made it all the more pleasing. Looking at all the pretty things that are on the earth really makes you say God is so amazing and makes you wanna love him all the more. During our walk we all pretty much just got with a partner and talked or just focused on God's creation. Two of our members ministered to some men out on the front. I thank God for that time to fellowship with my singles group. I am excited about our next upcoming event to the Atlanta Aquarium




New Life Singles

As we entered to park I had to snap this
I love how the water hits the rocks!!

Part of the Industrial District




Wow something new




Also I would like to share another event that really blessed me, that our single ministry did. Christmas of this year we wanted to bless a family and we didn't know what family it would be. After praying and just letting God work this out. Because it was so close to Christmas, we found a nice family to bless and it was a blessing to do this. If you have never blessed anyone before who was in need,  give it a try and see how good that feels. The family was very happy and we were so glad that God put this family on our hearts to bless. We were able to give them more than enough as well, it's good. When God begins to move he does it big.


Me and two of the other singles at my church with the mom



The mom with her kids showing off their gift cards

2 comments:

  1. I love the photos and I love your blog. I didn't know you had one. I enjoyed hearing about your testimony and I enjoyed the blessing from the Lord about your brother Derrice and I especially love hearing how God is working in your life as a single. You are simply an encouragement to me, Ck and I find you a blessing! You are one of my favorite people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seen a blog on some other site I was on and I decided I would make me one. I am, glad you got to check out my page.I thank you for the encouraging words and letting me know that I encourage you, that is blessing to hear. I know God is doing great things in my life, I just have to keep trusting him and standing. You know you are one of my favorite people as well. Love you like a sister!!!

    ReplyDelete